News

Bayern Munich go separate ways with Niko Kovac following 5-1 destruction at Eintracht Frankfurt

Bayern Munich have gone separate ways with administrator Niko Kovac.

The choice pursues Saturday’s 5-1 annihilation at Eintracht Frankfurt, which was the German bosses’ second in 10 Bundesliga games this season.

Kovac leaves with Bayern fourth in the table, four points behind pioneers Borussia Monchengladbach.

The 48-year-old previous Croatia midfielder had been in control since July 2018 and drove Bayern to an association and-cup twofold last season.

Kovac won 45 of his 65 games responsible for Bayern yet Saturday’s thrashing was the club’s heaviest in the Bundesliga in 10 years.

Bayern said in an announcement the choice had come as “consequence of a common talk with Niko Kovac on Sunday.”

Chief Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, expressed: “The displays of our gathering recently and the results have given us that there was a necessity for movement.

“We had an open and genuine discourse with Niko this Sunday dependent on that and went to the shared choice that Niko is never again lead trainer of FC Bayern.

“We as a whole lament this improvement. I might want to express gratitude toward Niko Kovac in the interest of FC Bayern for his work, especially for last season’s twofold success.”

Kovac was likewise cited in the announcement on the club’s site as saying he suspected it “was the right choice for the club as of now”.

“The outcomes and the manner in which we’ve played of late have driven me to this choice,” he said. “My sibling Robert and I might want to express gratitude toward FC Bayern for these previous year and a half. During that time our group won the Bundesliga, the DFB Cup and the Supercup. It was a decent time. I wish the club and the group all the absolute best.”

Associate mentor Hansi Flick will assume responsibility for Bayern in the Champions League against Olympiakos on Wednesday (17.55 GMT) and Borussia Dortmund on Saturday (17.30).

Comment here